ElementTree.XML(string XML) and ElementTree.fromstring(string XML) not working

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Thu Jun 25 23:53:57 EDT 2009

thank you to everyone, I'll play with these suggestions tomorrow at
work and report back.

On Jun 25, 2009, at 8:04 PM, Carl Banks wrote:

> Because Fredrick Lundh wanted it that way.  Unlike most Python
> libraries ElementTree is under the control of one person, which means
> it was not designed or vetted by the community, which means it would
> tend to have some interface quirks.

Yep

> You shouldn't complain: the
> library is superb compared to XML solutions like DOM.

Which is why I want to use it.

> A few minor
> things should be no big deal.

True and I will eventually get past the minor quirks. As a newbie,
figured I'd point out the difficult portions, things that conceptually
are confusing. I know that after lots of use I'm not going to notice
that it is strange that I have to stand on my head and touch my nose 3
times to open the fridge door. The contortions will seem normal.

Results tomorrow, thanks everyone for the assistance.

Kee Nethery