Measuring Fractal Dimension ?

pdpi pdpinheiro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:36:50 EDT 2009

On Jun 25, 12:23 pm, Robin Becker <ro... at reportlab.com> wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:
>
> so does this render all the discreteness implied by quantum theory unreliable?
> or is it that we just cannot see(measure) the continuity that really happens?
> Certainly there are people like Wolfram who seem to think we're in some kind of
> giant calculating engine where state transitions are discontinuous.

More like that axiomatic system doesn't accurately map to reality as
we currently understand it.

Your posts made me think that I wasn't clear in saying e and 2 are the
only "natural" bases for logs.

The log function, as the inverse of the exponential, is a pretty
fundamental function.

The base e exponential has a load of very natural properties, f'(x) = f
(x) being an example.

As the smallest admissible integer base, log 2 is also a pretty
natural notion, especially in computer science, or in general all that
follow from binary true/false systems.