It's ...

Thu Jun 25 00:29:55 EDT 2009

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> Angus Rodgers wrote:
>> ... my first ... question is how best to find out what's changed from
>> version 2.1
>  > to version 2.5. (I've recently installed 2.5.4)
> Consecutively read:
>     http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.2.html
As someone else pointed out:
       http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/whatsnew/whatsnew22.html
>     http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.3.html
>     http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.4.html
>     http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.5.html

I forgot to add Richard Gruet's excellent resources, homed here:
     http://rgruet.free.fr/

You want to check out PQR 2.5 or 2.6 reference; he encodes when
(what version) a feature came into the language.  SO it is a great
overview to read through as you try to take yourself from 2.1 to 2.5.
I'd go for the "modern" style unless the colors annoy you.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org