Paramiko help - processing multiple commands

Frank Ruiz frank.ruiz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:35:18 EDT 2009

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. So there are no errors. Essentially everything
runs as planned. Sorry for being ignorant, but I am not sure if there
is another way for providing trace data. I will look into what other
debugging I can provide.

Essentially what happens is that only the second command gets
processed and the first is ignored.

As far as the global variables are concerned, I am not too sure what
the best way is to allow my variables to be seen by another sub. In
the script I am using optparse, however in order for the variables to
make any sense to my storagessh sub, I have to declare them as global,
since all the variables within my options sub have a local scope.

I am not too sure of a better way to do this. I don't like it much
either. Hopefully you can help me shed some light on this in terms of
best practice.

Normally I declare variable scope outside of my subroutines where required.

However since variable scope is local within a subroutine, seems like
I have to declare them global in order for the other subs to see it.

Anyhow.. your feedback has been much appreciated.. The script is still
a work in progress, so I plan to do so more cosmetic enhancements once
I review it a few more times.

Thanks!