Open source python projects

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:49:17 EDT 2009

On 22 Giu, 21:40, saurabh <saur... at saurabh.org> wrote:
> Hi There,
> I am an experienced C programmer and recently dived into python,
> I have developed an instant love for it.
> I have been doing some routine scripting for day to day admin tasks,also
> have done some Tkinter and socket programming using python.
>
> I am looking for some open source python project preferably in one of
> the above areas (not strictly, am open to others too) to contribute.
>
> Please give me any pointers to some python project which needs a
> contributor.
>
> Thanks
> Saurabh

If you have experience in C system programming then you could help us
with psutil:
http://code.google.com/p/psutil

You might want to take a look at our Milestone wiki which lists some
features we would like to implement:
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Milestones

The platforms we aim to support are: Linux, OS X, Windows and FreeBSD.
If you're interested feel free to contact me at [g.rodola -AT- gmail -
DOT- com] or use the psutil mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/psutil

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib
http://code.google.com/p/psutil