Rich comparison methods don't work in sets?

Gustavo Narea me at gustavonarea.net
Sat Jun 20 11:50:41 EDT 2009

Hello again, everybody.

Thank you very much for your responses. You guessed right, I didn't
use the __hash__ method (and I forgot to mention that, sorry).

And unfortunately, I think I can't make them hashable, because the
objects are compared based on their attributes, which are in turn
other kind of objects compared based on other attributes. All these
class instances are compared with __eq__/__ne__ and they wrap
relatively complex data which would be hard to attempt to represent
them unambiguously using a 32-bit integer. That's why I'm afraid I
cannot use hashables.

I guess I'll have to use something like the function of my first
post. :(

Thanks,

  - Gustavo.