Retrieving column values by column name with MySQLdb

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:47:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:32:32 -0500
Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> Mike gave you a good answer, though I think it's MySQL specific.

I don't have to deal with MySQL frequently but I've remembered that I
used got the fields out somehow, and now, looking at the code, I wonder
myself, why "how" is 1 and wtf is this "how", anyway!? ;)

I can't seem to find any mention of such methods in documentation and
even python source, guess they are implemented directly in underlying
C lib.
Hope I learned to abstract from such syntax since then, I sure do...

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net