TypeError: int argument required

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:54:17 EDT 2009

Rhodri James wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:29:53 +0100, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>
>> Now compare that with Lie Ryan's examples which, instead of using
>> backslashes, instead used alternative quotes plus backslashes in one
>> example, and in the other example, alternative quotes, alternatives to
>> literal quotes, and backslashes. As opposed to my original routine, which
>> managed three levels of quoting using just backslashes. Do you begin to
>> understand what I mean by "scalable"?
>
> I do, and I still disagree.  More importantly, Lie Ryan's examples were
> much more readable, which is what I was complaining about.

I still remember when I started programming, I wrote in QBASIC without
indentations. I honestly saw no reason to indent because I still can see
the program flow as clearly as the bottom of a bucket of crystalline
water. No decisions to be made, everything is consistently justified left.

I still remember asking a friend, "Why is your code jagged like that?"
and him looking at me a bit confused at the question.