Newbie question about method options

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Wed Jun 17 03:43:46 EDT 2009

python-newbie113 wrote:
> I am new to python and have a question about using methods.
>
> Here is the link i am looking at:
> http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x2102-methods.htm
>
> If i use, create_arc(bbox, options) => id
> what is id? and how do i find the parameter list representing options?
>
> Thanks for help in advance
>
> Andrew

This is a tkinter question, not a python one, and it's really all about
how the docs for tkinter are organized.  I don't use tkinter, so I had
to spelunk a little bit (try search).  You're looking at a summary
page.  You want to see the details for a given one of those methods.

Search for create_arc, and you'll find
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x2861-options.htm
   as one of the links.  The link "Back" will get you to:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/canvas-arc.htm

which is the beginning of Chapter 14, "The Canvas Arc Item"

As for 'id' I have no idea, but if you read further, you'll probably
find out.  The fact that all of these methods return one indicates it's
some sort of object reference for those widgets.