simple GUI for my application?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:05:05 EDT 2009

On Jun 16, 1:24 pm, Tim Harig <user... at ilthio.net> wrote:
> On 2009-06-16, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 16, 9:20 am, Filipe Teixeira <shuan... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm really struggling to find the best GUI to make a simple
> >> application.
> [SNIP]
> >> Basically I will use a lot of edit boxes and some tabs, and a folder
> >> tree, any tips so I can search in the right place?
> > When I was first looking at GUIs, I tried Tkinter first. But it just
> > ultimate look-and-feel for Windows, you should go with IronPython.
>
> IronPython is not a GUI toolkit per se.  It is a python implementation
> build on top of .Net like Jython is built on top of Java.  I therefore has
> access to the MFCs which can be used to create native Windows GUIs.  This
> can also be done from Cpython using the pywin extensions.

That is true...I was just referring to IronPython's ability to hook a
GUI created using Visual Studio easily. Going about it through pywin
and ctypes is probably above the OP's current needs...although I think
Greg Ewing's pyGUI wraps that stuff. I suppose the OP might find that
useful:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

- Mike