Good books in computer science?

Nathan Stoddard nate at nathanstoddard.com
Sat Jun 13 14:13:15 EDT 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:49:52 -0700, koranthala wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I do understand that this is not a python question and I apologize
> for that straight up.
>     But I am a full time follower of this group and I have seen very
> very brilliant programmers and solutions.
>     I also want to be a good programmer

The best way to become a good programmer is to program. Write a lot of
code; work on some large projects. This will improve your skill more than
anything else. It's also important to learn new languages regularly. I
recommend to learn C, Python, and Lisp first.

>     Which are the classic books in computer science which one should
> peruse?

A list of some good books is at steve.yegge.googlepages.com/ten-great-
books. Also read programming blogs.

--