install older Python version parallel

Simon212 at gmx.de Simon212 at gmx.de
Fri Jun 12 05:54:55 EDT 2009

> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > The situation:
> > I wrote a GUI, based on Python, TkInter and Pmw.
> > It runs perfectly fine with Python 2.4 (providing, TkInter and Pmw are
> > installed). But it crashes with Python 2.6. I tried this on MacOSX11.4
> > and various Linux Distributions.
> > Crashes occurs when I activate a Pmw.Diaog (I guess this is due to a bug
>
> > in the installed blt package), also when I use setitems on
> > Pmw.OptionMenu (I guess this is due to another package, associated with
> > tcl/tk).
>
> You might get more helpful responses if you say more than just "it
> crashes".
> What's the traceback?

Thanks for the suggestion.

1.
Here is what it says when I try to use setitems on a Pmw.OptionMenu to refresh its contents:

com.read_config_file ./.mWIN/profiles/last.profile
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./startMW.py", line 1323, in <module>
    frontEnd = FrontEnd(root)
  File "./startMW.py", line 854, in __init__
    self.loadProfile()
  File "./startMW.py", line 1216, in loadProfile
    self.profileList.setitems(self.com.profile_names)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pmw/Pmw_1_3/lib/PmwOptionMenu.py", line 67, in setitems
    self._menu.delete(0, 'end')
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 2675, in delete
    self.deletecommand(c)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 358, in deletecommand
    self.tk.deletecommand(name)
_tkinter.TclError: can't delete Tcl command

2.
In case of the activation of a Pmw.Diaog it just gives me a segmentation vault.

--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss