xml.dom.minidom losing the XML document type attribute

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:10:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Johannes Bauer<dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, I'm not speaking about my software :-) Actually it's Gnucash which
> complains if the tag is not explicitly set. This is because they
> appearently had a ancient version which did not specify the charset, but
> used a different one than UTF-8. Kind of annoying, but fixing my XML
> output seems to be easier than convincing the Gnucash people to change
> their software :-)

from the GnuCash web page:
How can you help?

Testing: Test it and help us discover all bugs that might show up in
there. Please enter each and every bug into bugzilla.

Translating: The new release comes with some new translation strings.
If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you to test this
release already. A string freeze will be announced in one of the later
2.3.x releases. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.

We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible for the 2.4.0 release
in a few weeks. Then post any bugs you find to bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash)