multi-core software

Dimiter "malkia" Stanev malkia at mac.com
Wed Jun 10 14:26:24 EDT 2009

Jeff M. wrote:
> On Jun 9, 9:08 pm, Arved Sandstrom <dces... at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Jon Harrop wrote:
>>> What is higher on the list?
>> Correctness.
>>

> IMO, that response is a bit of a cop-out. Correctness is _always_ most
> important, no matter what application you are creating; without it,
> you don't have a job and the company you work for goes out of
> business.

PC / Video Games definitely fall out of the correctness. As long as the
game does not crash your XBOX/PS3/Whatever for certain amount of time,
and behaves well then, it's fine.

Bugs are already part of the "genre".

In reality you can't ship on time, there are always BUGS :)

Most important thing in games is (at least for large percent of them)
speed of graphics - fluid 60fps, or stable 30fps.