pylint naming conventions?

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Mon Jun 8 01:08:10 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Esmail<ebonak at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
>>
>> Esmail <ebonak at hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I am confused by pylint's naming conventions, I don't think the are in
>>> tune with Python's style recommendations (PEP 8?)
>>>
>>> Anyone else think this?
>>
>> It's hard to know, without examples. Can you give some output of pylint
>> that you think doesn't agree with PEP 8?
>
> Sure, I will next time I have a nice self-contained example. Perhaps not
> that
> many people are using pylint? I was expecting a bunch of messages either
> contradicting my observation or agreeing with it :-) .. but perhaps this
> indicates that there's no issue.

It is my understanding that it does check for PEP8 names. Even if it doesn't
it is really easy to change. If you run 'pylint --generate-rcfile' (i think)
it will output the configuration that it is using. You can then save this
off and customize it.

> I'll try to come up with a nice short code example in the next few days
> to demonstrate what I think the problem is and post it, thanks for the
> suggestion.

If you didn't have an example handy what prompted you to start this thread?

--
David
blog: http://www.traceback.org