is anyone using text to speech to read python documentation

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Fri Jun 5 03:52:49 EDT 2009

On Jun 3, 12:28 pm, Stef Mientki <stef.mien... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric_Dex... at msn.com wrote:
> >      I wrote a small pre-processor for python documentation and I am
> > looking for advice on how to get the most natural sounding reading.  I
> > uploaded an example of a reading of lxml documentation as a podcast1
>
> >http://dexrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/python-voice-preprocessor.html.
>
> Depends what OS you want to use, on Windows it's very easy:
>
> import win32com.client
> s = win32com.client.Dispatch("SAPI.SpVoice")
> s.Speak('Is this punthoofd ')
>
> cheers,
> Stef

That is intresting and might be useful but isn't what I am doing.
alot of the time you will see stuff like

that needs to be changed into other wording so you have one file that
gets transformed into another text that makes more sense when read.  I
haven't changed html tags into something that makes more sense when
spoken so my example is a little defective....