What text editor is everyone using for Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 4 21:22:35 EDT 2009

Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> writes:

> On 6/4/2009 3:19 PM Lawrence D'Oliveiro said...
> > In message <slrnh2g9ei.2ea.nick at irishsea.home.craig-wood.com>, Nick Craig-
> > Wood wrote:
> >
> >> You quit emacs with Ctrl-X Ctrl-C.
> >
> > That's "save-buffers-kill-emacs". If you don't want to save buffers,
> > the exit sequence is alt-tilde, f, e.

This is an invocation of the menu system, driven by the keyboard. (Also,
it's not Alt+tilde (which would be Alt+Shift+`), it's Alt+` i.e. no
Shift.) It's an alternate command, and IMO is just adding confusion to
the discussion.

> Ha ha ha ha ha!
>
> No -- really?

Not really. If you don't want to save buffers, you just answer “No”
when prompted by ‘save-buffers-kill-emacs’, so Ctrl+X Ctrl+C is all you
need to know to exit Emacs.

--
 \        “Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be |
  `\              over here, looking through your stuff.” —Jack Handey |