Illegal seek with os.popen

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jun 4 17:28:07 EDT 2009

[posted & e-mailed]

In article <5edde6ee-4446-4f53-91ee-ad3aea4b5603 at q37g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
 <pruebauno at latinmail.com> wrote:

>Python 3.0.1 (r301:69556, Jun  4 2009, 16:07:22) [C] on aix5
>Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
><os._wrap_close object at 0x1103e5748>
>
>So it seems to be something in 3.1 that causes it to fail.
>BTW it is not like I use os.popen a lot. I found this problem while
>trying to use help().

Please file a report on bugs.python.org and send a note to python-dev.

Thanks!

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23