PyQt4 + WebKit

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 1 16:05:18 EDT 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 16:16, dudekksoft at gmail.com wrote:

> On 31 Maj, 02:32, David Boddie <da... at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

>> So, you only want to handle certain links, and pass on to WebKit those
>> which you can't handle? Is that correct?
>
> Yes, I want to handle external links (out of my host) and links
> starting with download://... (my specific protocol).

If you want to handle them in a different way to normal Web pages, it seems
that calling setForwardUnsupportedContent(True) on the QWebPage is the way
to do it.

However, if you want to handle those links and present the content for the
browser to render then you may need to override the browser's network access
manager, as discussed in this message:

  http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-March/004279.html

I experimented a little and added an example to the PyQt Wiki:

  http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/Using a Custom Protocol with QtWebKit

I hope it helps to get you started with your own custom protocol.

David