Noob

kaffeen kaffeen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:02:21 EDT 2009

Hello all, just joined this list and am just beginning to learn Python.
Thanks to everyone for making this a great place to learn and their
contributions.

As mentioned, I'm new to Python (but have experience with other programming
languages/scripting). I have a couple of questions...

1) Where might I find a comprehensive list of changes between Python 2.x and
3.x?

2) What are the differences between IPython and IDLE, is one better than the
other, why?

3) Is there an IDE for Python development, which is the best?

4) I can't seem to install IPython for my 3.x branch (and I did install
readline), I get the following error via Windows executable installation,
*** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***.........it installs
fine with my 2.5.1 branch. Is IPython not compatible with Python 3.x? If not
compatible, is there a timeline for compatibility?

Regards,

~kaffeen

--
If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.