Beginning with Python; the right choice?

sato.photo at gmail.com sato.photo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:22:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

As you can imagine, I am new, both to this group and to Python.  I
have read various posts on the best book to buy or online tutorial to
read and have started to go through them.  I was wondering, as someone
with virtually no programming experience (I am a photographer by
trade), is Python the right language for me to try and learn?

I do vaguely remember learning what I think was BASIC on some old
Apple's back in elementary school (circa 1992).  Would something like
that (the name at least makes it SOUND easier) be more feasible?

If I do choose to learn Python, are there any tutorials for the
absolute beginner.  I do not mean beginner to Python, but rather,
beginner to programming.  Someone who hasn't a clue what object
oriented whatcha-ma-whoozit means.  I ask again because I understand
that content is always evolving and there might be new tutorials out
there.

Thanks!

-Daniel Sato