"The system cannot execute the specified program."

Tim Slattery Slattery_T at bls.gov
Fri Jun 26 10:57:35 EDT 2009

Our office has a copy of Python 3.0 installed on a network share
device. When I try to run it I get this message: "The system cannot
execute the specified program."

When I googled that message, the links that came up had to do with
missing DLLs. So I fired up Dependency Walker and found out that there
were indeed DLLs that it needed that the OS couldn't find. So I
supplied those DLLs. And it still gives the same message, even though
Dependency Walker is now happy.

Does anybody have a clue what might cause this amazingly uninformative
message?

On a related note: there's a *.chm file on the same share, that's a
PYthon user's guide. When I start that, I get a window with the full
table of contents and index on the left side. But on the right side
where the contents should be ... "Navigation to the web page was
canceled". WTF???

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T at bls.gov