Best way to enumerate classes in a module

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:02:33 EDT 2009

I need to programmaticaly enumerate all the classes in a given module.
Currently I'm using dir(module) but the Notice on the documentation page
[1]  says "dir() is supplied primarily as a convenience for use at an
interactive prompt" so that kind of scares me.

Is there a better approach?

If there is, how do I get all the classes of the current module?

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/functions.html#dir

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

Q: What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
A: A canary with the super-user password.