launch a .py file from a batch file

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:25:06 EDT 2009

I'd like to launch a number of programs, one of which is a Python GUI
app, from a batch file launcher.  I'd like to click the .bat file and
have it open all the stuff and then not show the "DOS" console.

I can launch an Excel and Word file fine using, e.g.:
Start "" "path/mydocument.doc"

But if I try that with a Python file, like:
Start "" "path/myPythonApp.py"

It does nothing.  The others open fine and no Python app.

However, if I do this instead (where path = full pathname to Python
file),
cd path
myPythonApp.py

it will launch the Python app fine, but it will show the "DOS"
console.

How can I get it to launch a .py file and yet not show the console?

Thanks,
Che