docs error for PyBuffer_FillInfo?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Jun 21 11:54:47 EDT 2009

I'm trying to wrap a C++-lib with SIP & need to return a buffer-object
from one method.

I'm on python2.6 (OS X, but that doesn't matter I guess), and

http://docs.python.org/c-api/buffer.html#Py_buffer

gives a signature like this:

int PyBuffer_FillInfo(Py_buffer *view, void *buf, Py_ssize_t len, int
readonly, int infoflags)¶

However, the abstract.h of the Python-installation has this:

      PyAPI_FUNC(int) PyBuffer_FillInfo(Py_buffer *view, PyObject *o,
void *buf,
		             	       Py_ssize_t len, int readonly,
				       int flags);

And obviously enough, compiling my wrapper fails because there is an
argument missing.

So, I'm in need for a guide on how to use PyBuffer_FillInfo properly -
all I've got is a void* and a total size of the buffer.

Diez