Slow wxPyhon on Vista?

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 04:16:39 EDT 2009

Hello there,

this might be my first post here and it is slightly off
topic since it is not about something I am developing.

At work use a nifty little program called Task Coach.
It helps me keep track of what I spend time on.

Here is my problem. When I use it on a Vista box its
user interface is very, very slow when it comes to
some but not all operations. On any other Windows
version it reacts instantaneously. I have not tried
Task Coach on Linux or Solaris (yet).

Is this how wxPython or Python works on Vista in
general or is this the result of some local oddity on my
employer's Vista configuration?

TIA,

/Martin