GUI(eclipse+pydev/SPE) freeze when doing python auto-completion under Linux

Wei, James wistoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:45:36 EDT 2009

When I am editing python program with SPE, I found that SPE will
freeze when it is doing auto-completion. The behavior is very strange
that I can not edit the file again. If I switch to another file and
then switch back, I can edit it again.

So I switch to eclipse+pydev, but I found the same thing happen. So I
think it is not the problem of SPE or eclipse or pydev.

If I disable auto-completion function in SPE or Eclipse+PyDev, it will
not freeze any longer.

Anybody can give me some hints?

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and updated to latest. All packages is
installed through package manager.