os.read in non blocking mode of os.open : resource busy error

kshama nagaraj kshama.nagaraj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:48:21 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I am using os.open to open a tun/tap device and then read data from it.
I also need to do some other tasks apart from reading from this device. So i
wish to have the read non blocking.
I am opening the device in non-block mode using os.O_NONBLOCK .
But, if i do this, i get an error when i call the os.read a follows:

 File "./tunnel_more1.py", line 305, in main_loop
    payload = os.read(self.tun_fd,64)
OSError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

I am running my application with GNU Radio on Ubuntu.

Can some one tell me, what is the error? What are the ways to use non
blocking read?

thanks all for your time and attention.

--
Thanks & Regards