Start the interactive shell within an application

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Jun 9 04:49:25 EDT 2009

I was wondering if there is a way to start an interactive shell within a
script/application.
I'm sometimes tired of adding prints to scan the current namespace so
I'd like to pause the execution and give the user the shell prompt.
This is obviously for debugging purpose.

I know that I may use the raw_input and eval the  captured text but
honestly, this requires some coding and I won't benefit from the shell
features. Would it be even possible to use a shell like Ipython ?

By the way, if anyone has cunning ways for debugging code to share, he
would be much welcome.

Jean-Michel