Programming language comparison examples?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jun 5 15:20:40 EDT 2009

I thought there was a website which demonstrated how to program a bunch of
small problems in a number of different languages.  I know about the
Programming Language Shootout:

    http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

but that's not what I was thinking of.  I thought there was a site with a
bunch of smaller examples.

I'm looking for a site with this sort of information to pass along to my son
who's entering his sophomore year of college, has one Java course under his
belt, and will take a second course in the fall.  I'm hoping to reach him
before his brain turns to mush. ;-)

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    America's vaunted "free press" notwithstanding, story ideas that expose