which database is suitable for small applications

Phil Runciman philr at aspexconsulting.co.nz
Mon Jun 1 16:30:53 EDT 2009

Hi Lawrence,

I appreciate your remarks. However database engines cache their table/views to support sequential accessing within a set. With a good accessing scheme and with enough cache memory you will have all your small tables in memory.

So the simplest thing is let the DBMS do its thing. The good ones will cope quite happily. You then have the advantage that the app can grow without program changes.

It is a long time since I delved into DBMS internals (25 years) but I cannot see that they will have changed from what I have said above, however I am sure to be corrected if I am wrong. ;-)

Cheers,

phil