Does underscore has any special built-in meaningin Python ?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 31 23:21:05 EDT 2009

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> One more thing: if you have global module names with a single leading
> underscore (e.g. "_foo"), they will not be loaded when you use
>
> from <module> import *
>
> However, "import *" is strongly discouraged for the most part.

Dude, that's exactly the “underscore has an effect on import but as a
beginner don't worry about it” that I avoided drawing attention to. The
explanation was just fine without that. But no, you have to find a way
to *contribute*, don't you?

Things were different before all these new-fangled changes, I say. Get
off my lawn.

--
 \       “I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and |
  `\     despise the groups they identify with and belong to.” —George |