Python docs disappointing

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 31 23:18:35 EDT 2009

Tim Chase wrote:

> It may not be an adversity for looking things up using a web-browser,
> but rather the need to access documentation offline.  Whether on an
> airplane or simply away from a wifi/landline connection, there are
> plenty of times I'm coding offline (another reason I'm happy to have
> DVCS tools).

This is one area where Windows users seems to have an advantage. The
standard installer includes the doc set as a Windows help file. I often
keep that open in one window while programming in others. I only later
discovered that this was a copy of the online docs ;-), which I only use
to check the in-development version before submitting a doc bug.