Python docs disappointing

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 20:20:32 EDT 2009

r wrote:
> On Jul 31, 4:53 pm, Mark Lawrence <breamore... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> r wrote:
>>> have you tried the new docs (>= 2.6) The interface has changed
>>> drastically as to render itself completely useless. The old docs (<=
>>> 2.5) --the ones i learned from-- where flawless.
>>> @ Mark Lawrence
>>> Have you clicked any of those links? try the "Tutorial start here" and
>>> then try to find a menu of sorts. It seems you have to click "next" to
>>> navigate. Thats pretty counter intuitive if you need to get to page
>>> 589!! Upon clicking the tutorial link in the OLD DOCS, you where
>>> presented with a nice menu for concise navigation.
>> Yes.  Works perfectly as evidenced by the fact that this evening I've
>> checked data on the cProfile, pstats and array modules.
>>
>> --
>> Kindest regards.
>>
>> Mark Lawrence.
>
> Hold the phone... You checked data on modules using the "Tutorial
> Start Here" link? Would not the "Global Module Index" be more, shall
> we say, "informative"?

You asked "Have you clicked any of those links?".  I answered yes since
they all work.  I usually navigate to module data via the index tab as I
find this the easiest way.  I'm sure other people prefer the global
module index.  Six of one, half a dozen of the other?

--
Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.