Confessions of a Python fanboy

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Fri Jul 31 05:20:47 EDT 2009

r wrote:
> The purpose of his thread was to get feedback on how Python
> and Ruby ideas could be cumulated into the best high level language.
> And being that i am the BDFL of the "Confessions of a Python Fanboy"
> thread, you have my personal permission to continue on with this
> subject matter...,

Challenging even the most accepted mechanisms of a language is a proof
of intelligence.

Descartes's doubt method :
"The basic strategy of /Descartes/
<http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/desc.htm>'s method of doubt
<http://www.philosophypages.com/dy/d9.htm#doubt> is to defeat skepticism
<http://www.philosophypages.com/dy/s5.htm#skep> on its own ground. Begin
by doubting the truth of everything—not only the evidence
<http://www.philosophypages.com/dy/e9.htm#evid> of the senses and the
more extravagant cultural presuppositions, but even the fundamental
process of reasoning itself. If any particular truth about the world can
survive this extreme skeptical challenge, then it must be truly
indubitable and therefore a perfectly certain foundation for knowledge"

So let's make the method call parenthesis a "truly indubitable and
therefore a perfectly certain foundation".

Those who want to remove the parenthesis on python method calls raise
the hand !

JM