Does python have the capability for driver development ?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Thu Jul 30 11:03:56 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-30, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:

> As far as I know, nobody has yet built a microcode implementation of a
> Python VM (Virtual Machine).  Nor have I seen one for the Java VM.

Didn't Sun or somebody do one 10-12 years ago?  Or did I
misinterpret some press release or something?  Off to google...

> However, in the early 80's there was a microcode implementation of the
> P-system VM.

Ah yes.  I remember sitting at an Intel MDS-80 "blue box" CP/M
system entering assembly language by hand for a simple Pascal
-> P-code compiler.  IIRC, I typed it from a listing in the
"Byte Big Book of Pascal".  That machine was pretty high-tech,
since I could save my work on an 8" floppy rather than a spool
of paper tape.  The floppy disks didn't leave big oil stains in
your backpack!

I got the compiler working, but I don't remember ever having a
VM and run-time system.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! When you get your
                                  at               PH.D. will you get able to