Globalize all variables in function without knowing names.

Sun Jul 26 18:49:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:07:08 -0700, Tom wrote:

> Ah, thanks for that Dennis. I have a system already figured out where
> the user manually pre-enters all the variables into a .py file, which
> obviously isn't very efficient. The language isn't going to be used much
> except by me, so I suppose I'll just work with that until I look more
> into dictionaries, but I'm still beginning Python, and before that the
> only coding I did was a little bit of C++, so I'll wait up for that :P

Dictionaries are fundamental to Python and very useful. Not learning
about them before starting to write code is like not learning about the
accelerator pedal before starting to drive a car. You might be able to
get somewhere by getting out and pushing, but it will be slow and
exhausting.

Have you done the tutorial?

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tutorial/

--