ANN: psyco V2

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Jul 24 16:39:36 EDT 2009

On 7/24/09 1:04 AM, William Dode wrote:
> On 23-07-2009, Christian Tismer wrote:

>> Wasn't the project plan saying the opposite, borrowing
>> some ideas from psyco? :-)
>> http://code.google.com/p/unladen-swallow/wiki/ProjectPlan
>
> How do you see the future of psyco when unladen-swallow will grab the
> best of psyco (if they can !) ?

I have no objections, but also no idea so far how that could work.
Sounded like an unreflected idea to me, without seriously
checking the possibilities and/or implications. The same
kind of research apparently did not happen concerning PyPy,
which IMHO is much more suitable to take advantage from.

This is for the current status of psyco, of course.
It will change dramatically in the next months, slowly
adopting some of PyPy's ideas. Then it might start to
make more sense.

> Wait and see ?

Wait and see, not holding breath, I'd say.

> Anyway, thanks a lot for your work that we can use NOW !

Thanks for so much encouraging reactions!

cheers - chris