Popen

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Fri Jul 24 13:28:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Tim<timlee126 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks! If that is the case, i.e. the parent doesn't wait, is the code in my last post wrong? "result" could be nothing.

No, it will be a subprocess.Popen object representing the spawned
process. Both the child process and the parent Python process will
then be running simultaneously.This allows the Python program to
interact with the subprocess via the Popen object while the subprocess
is executing in parallel with Python.
The asynchronicity means that the call to the Popen constructor does
not wait for the spawned subprocess to terminate before returning the
new Popen object to the parent Python program.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com