integer square roots

casevh casevh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 01:12:23 EDT 2009

On Jul 23, 9:43 pm, timro21 <timr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim, sure, I'm looking at the perfect cuboid problem.
>
> I've just spent a couple of very frustrating hours.  Given that I'm in
> my 50's but have the brain of a retarded 3-year-old, can someone
> please explain what I have to do to download gmpy to use with
> ActivePython 2.6 on a Windows system?  I downloaded (or so I thought)
> GMPY 1.04 fromhttp://code.google.com/p/gmpy/but all the files look
> way too small...and then how do I import it into a Python
> program...I'm sure I could do this if it wasn't for my extreme
> stupidity...

You should just download the Windows installer from the Downloads tab.
I would recommend version 1.10 since it should be faster and fixes
some bugs in 1.04. The direct link is

http://gmpy.googlecode.com/files/gmpy-1.10-beta.win32-py2.6.exe

Just run the installer and it should automatically detect your
existing Python installation. The executable is small. ;-)

casevh

p.s. If you're using a 64-bit Windows system, let me know and I'll
step you through the manual process.