Einstein summation notation

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Jul 22 15:21:04 EDT 2009

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:
>
>>Or if any(p for p in [header, body, footer, whatever, ...])
>

> No need for the genexp:
>
>    if any([header, body, footer, whatever, ...])
>
> But, you are using the built-in bool cast either way.

Right you are -- and

   if any([header, body, footer, whatever, ...])

sure looks nicer to me than your original code of

   if any(p != '' for p in [header, body, footer, otherthing1, ...])

But there a are a lot of decisions and factors to writing these things
one way or the other.  I'm just glad Python supports the Something vs.
Nothing model.

~Ethan~