Running a Python Service under the LocalService or NetworkService Account

mistersexy dtgeadamo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 11:55:35 EDT 2009

On Jul 20, 3:03 pm, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> mistersexy wrote:
> > I am trying to create a Windows service in Python using pywin32. I do
> > not want this service to run under a user account. I want this service
> > to be able to run as a LocalService, NetworkService and the like. How
> > do I specify this using the win32 library? Thanks, everyone.
>
> When you "install" the service, using the HandleCommandLine
> option, specify --username= and --password options.
>
> TJG

That's exactly my point. I do not want to have to specify username and
password options. For instance, when creating a Windows Service
in .NET, it is possible to specify that the service should run using
the LocalService or NetworkService account. Doing this, you would not
need to specify username and password options. Is there a way to
achieve this in Python?