Mutable Strings - Any libraries that offer this?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 20 07:08:22 EDT 2009

casebash <walkraft at gmail.com> writes:

> I have searched this list and found out that Python doesn't have a
> mutable string class (it had an inefficient one, but this was removed
> in 3.0). Are there any libraries outside the core that offer this?

A mutable string would not (AFAICT) be usefully implementable as a
subclass of the built-in string types. So even if such a type existed,
it would not be useable with all the functionality that works with
strings.

What is it you're trying to do that makes you search for a mutable
string type? It's likely that a better approach can be found.

--
 \     “As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of |
  `\                                       the demand.” —Josh Billings |