If Scheme is so good why MIT drops it?

Marek Kubica marek at xivilization.net
Sun Jul 19 20:54:13 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:22:30 -0700 (PDT)
Elena <egarrulo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 7:33 pm, fft1976 <fft1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How do you explain that something as inferior as Python beat Lisp in
> > the market place despite starting 40 years later.
>
> To be mainstream a language has to fit in most programmers' minds.

Sometimes I wonder whether Python is not too complex for "most
programmers", since "most programmers" use Java, which is heavily
mainstream. Interesting whether it is in spite of the ridiculous
limitations or because of these. Probably a mix of both.

regards,
Marek