missing 'xor' Boolean operator

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Jul 15 02:43:10 EDT 2009

"Dr. Phillip M. Feldman" <pfeldman at verizon.net> wrote:

>Here's a related issue: I would like to see an option for type checking on
>operands of logical operators, so that attempting to apply a logical
>operator to non-Boolean entities generates a warning message.  With operand
>type checking, 'xor' and != would be different.

How would you define "Boolean entities"?  Do you mean the True and False
values?  Such a change would break virtually every Python program ever
written.

In any case, this idea is dead in the water.  It would break a whole bunch
of existing code from before the conditional operator:

    xxx = testme and truevalue or falsevalue
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.