explode()

Fred Atkinson fatkinson at mishmash.com
Tue Jul 14 09:58:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:54:11 -0700 (PDT), alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Fred Atkinson <fatkin... at mishmash.com> wrote:
>>         I wish the Python site was as well written as the PHP site. On
>> the PHP site, I can look up a command and they show not only the docs
>> on that command but a list of all other commands associated with it.
>
>Hey Fred,
>
>My problem is the complete opposite, I wish I could as easily
>interrogate objects in PHP about their behaviour as I can Python :)
>
>In case you're not familiar with this, you can see what methods are
>attached to an object using the intepreter via dir() and see the
>associated docstring for them via help(). Try looking at 'dir(str)'
>for a list of methods that strings recognise, then 'help(str.join)' to
>see the help on join.
>
>This is such a handy ability to have that I miss this casual
>introspection in everything else in which I'm required to develop.
>
>Hope this helps.

	I appreciate the information.  I'm halfway through a course in
PHP and Python.  We are given assignments and we have to write the
assignment in both languages.

	I'll take a look at that as I work on this week's assignment
(I've only got a month to finish the course but I can probably take
some time to look at this.

	Regards,

					Fred