Where does setuptools live?

Inky 788 inky788 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:57:46 EDT 2009

On Jul 10, 10:26 am, Chris Withers <ch... at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Inky 788 wrote:
> > Currently, distutils itself is being actively developed. More info
> > about this here:http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/
>
> > My (albeit anonymous) advice is: use distutils. Manually download
> > packages as-needed from PyPI and install manually using standard
> > distutils.
>
> No thanks. I'm a big fan of buildout. Making it possible for packages to
> specify their dependencies is a big win...

Read this: http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/dropping-pep-386-versions-comparison/

So, again, I don't know anything about buildout, and it might be a
nice interim solution, but there are some new and exciting
developments in distutils coming down the pike, and whatever becomes
the standard Python package management system will very likely be
based on those new developments.

I just hope it all happens sooner than later. :)