Examples of Python driven Microsoft UI Automation wanted

Mark mtnbikingmark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 08:30:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am the author of pywinauto (http://pywinauto.openqa.org/).

It doesn't have specific functionality built in for winforms - but
many winforms controls are built on top of win32 functionality and
pywinauto can work with them for that.

On Jul 9, 4:41 pm, Paul McGuire <pt... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 1:50 pm, DuaneKaufman <duane.kauf... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have used pywinauto to drive a Flash game running inside of an
> > > Internet Explorer browser - that's pretty GUI!

Wow - cool :)

> > > -- Paul
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Could you share some code examples?

You might have a look at http://pywinauto.pbworks.com/ (the site is no
longer used - but there is a cool movie giving an example of using
pywinauto at the interactive prompt)

Other examples (Notepad, mspaint) are included with the install.

PyPi - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pywinauto/0.3.8

> > Thanks,
> > Duane (duanek (at) chorus (dot) net)

Good luck! :)