Concatenating images (numpy arrays), but they look like HSV images

Sebastian Schabe sebastian.schabe at gmx.de
Fri Jul 10 06:01:51 EDT 2009

Robert Kern schrieb:
> Probably, you need to use zeros(..., dtype=uint8). When you use
> dtype=int, that will result in dtype=int arrays. I suspect that
> matplotlib is then interpreting that to mean that you want it to treat
> the input as scalar data (which it will pass through a colormap) rather
> than an RGB image.

Thanks Robert, that was exactly the problem. Now I'am really wondering
how one can know such details. Well, with your answer I searched again
in the mathplotlib documentation and under the function imshow(X, ...) I
indeed found the hint, that X has to be an uint8 or float array or PIL
image, but before I hadn't known where to search.

So again, thank you

Sebastian