Examples of Python driven Microsoft UI Automation wanted

DuaneKaufman duane.kaufman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:10:10 EDT 2009

On Jul 9, 4:12 pm, Michael Torrie <torr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> TheSeeker wrote:
> > Alternatives to Microsoft's UI Automation are welcome too, but I have
> > tried using winguiauto and watsup (along with AutoIt), and there seems
> > to be severe limitations when using these tools with WinForm
> > applications.
>
> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96752-- looks
> like recent betas have much better support for WinForms, at least from
> the change list.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Boy, you are away from a utility for a
couple of
weeks, and it starts growing things one needs!

Unfortunately, while it looks like AutoIt is gaining the ability to
'see' WinForms controls,
this beta doesn't seem to be able to retrieve the text say, in a
TextBox. Darn.

Thanks,
Duane